Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

hope and help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
averi View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote averi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hope and help
    Posted: Feb 25 2008 at 7:41pm
id love to know all of your feelings and hopes and such
i would also love to help you out and give you advise and comforting

if you want to pesonally contact me my email is:
                              cutiepieforyou12321@yahoo.com

hope to talk to you soon

averi laskey
HallwayHeroes View Drop Down

Quote HallwayHeroes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2008 at 1:09pm
Avery,

Please take a look at the video my organization made. We will be in the Oxnard area from March 18-25th. We work every day with children and youth like Lawrence, who don't express their gender in a way that conforms with what people expect. I would love to speak with you and/or meet with you to hear what you are feeling, thinking, have to say and, perhaps together we can work to make sure this doesn't happen again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHRKH6T4TnM

Peace,

Jenn Burleton
Executive Director
Hallway Heroes
Portland, OR
503-927-7052
Lawrence's courage to express himself should guide and inspire all of us to work hard everyday to provide a safer world for children like Lawrence to grow up in. This is what I am committed to. Peace.
tones91 View Drop Down

Quote tones91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2008 at 3:39pm
Thank you for posting that video. It touched my heart, and I have faith that it will touch many more at the Day Of SilenceClap
Rejoice in the fact that Larry is in a better place then we could ever imagine, in a world where love will abound with him forever.
FightHate View Drop Down

Quote FightHate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2008 at 6:04pm
Hey everyone.
I live in Canada and heard about this in February.
And I've also heard of the Day of Silence.
But just to clarify... It's on the 25th of April right?
Correct me if I'm wrong.

I have a gay friend, named Lawrence actually, and when I heard about this it absolutely blew me away.
I wouldn't know what to do if he was killed for something as ignorant as this.

My heart goes out to the King Family. My thoughts are with you.
Prejudice Bites.
Bite Back.
tones91 View Drop Down

Quote tones91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2008 at 7:34pm
our school is actually doing it the 18th, but yes for most it is the 25th...
thanks for the post, i wish your friend the best...
Rejoice in the fact that Larry is in a better place then we could ever imagine, in a world where love will abound with him forever.
FightHate View Drop Down

Quote FightHate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2008 at 7:37pm
Thanks.
I'll try to get my school involved in this too.
I know exactly who to talk to about it.  
Prejudice Bites.
Bite Back.
Yanluo View Drop Down

Quote Yanluo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2008 at 6:01am
Let me tell you that I have just heard about this incident recently. Although it happened so long ago I have found it on one of my nightly wikipedia trawls for some information that may be useful in the future. So before i start this post i see that this forum is close to dead, and as such my tree will be falling in a forest of no man.

While I do feel for the family of the lost child i am sorry to say that in my humble, and often wrong, opinion that these negative connotations with the homosexual peoples will continue. it is a saddening thing to hear, but it is the truth. I apologize to be th eternal pessimist however there is one startling realization that i have come across. Many people say that "Larry is in a better place" and "We will meet with him again" and other such pious sentiments are actually supporting the religiously burdened psychopaths that conduct such executions. By giving strength and belief to the hierarchical religious movements only seeks to strengthen them, and their homophobic views.  So, basically you are not biting the hand that feeds you, rather stroking the hand that whips you. That was a quick comment to any religious homosexual sympathizers.

Also, in my personal belief homosexuality is counter productive. I do not mean to troll or flame, yet homosexuality seeks to slow the progress of humanity. As the average homosexual will rarely procreate they have an inability to forward the human race. Another argument on a similar level is the  "recruit over reproduce" theory in which it is thought that due to the homosexuals inability to reproduce they seek to 'recruit" others into their sexual status. While i do not fully espouse with this idea, i do find it somewhat true and as such just another argument towards reasonable logic.

That was basically all that i wanted to say. Once again my condolences to the departed. However i know they are not in a better place, rather they are trapped in the eternal mystery of death.

Thankyou, Lou.

Feel free to share opinions with me at:

maglight1992@hotmail.com
Feel free to contact me
Yanluo View Drop Down

Quote Yanluo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2008 at 6:08am

I apologize for the poorly written nature of my post just before. I forgot to re-read it and i am suffering from a terrible head cold. so please, give me leeway regarding my shoddy grammatical practice.
Feel free to contact me
Woodstock View Drop Down

Quote Woodstock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2008 at 1:43pm
Oh, puh-leeze! Not that lame argument that because homosexuals not procreate, they harming " the progress of the human race", whatever that is.
 In the first place, many gays and lesbians are in fact parents.
 More importantly, does anyone really believe that this poor,battered planet(from human activity) really need more people, to use up resources,pollute and destroy other forms of life.
 IMO, human population control is imperative if all life on Earth is to have any sort of future. Thats why I support birth control, Planned Parenthood, abortion rights, and so on. II do not think our wretched, bloodyhanded species will perish because gay people are given rights. If anything, homosexuality should be encouraged!
Yanluo View Drop Down

Quote Yanluo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2008 at 12:59am
So as a measure to treat the global population crisis you believe a viable measure is to stagnate human progress? I'm sorry, but i do not agree.  You see, as you say there are many homosexual parents, however, these parents impression their children (be it passively or actively) further spreading the concept and practice of homosexual acts.

http://www.traditioninaction.org/HotTopics/a02rStatistcs.html

That site above is actually a relatively informative site that aids in giving a concept of the burden placed on our society. while it must be taken with a grain of salt, it seeks to show how these people affect our society. While some of the citations check out i have not had the time or patience to examine them all.

If we sit down and logically think about it though, if we allow homosexuals why not allow paedophiles as well? Or people who have see with animals? If you claim t allow people sexual freedom then give it on all levels.  In regards to paedophiles if you are to say that their act is a crime because it takes advantage of a childs inability to comprehend the situation of sexual intercourse that is hypocritical. You see, by allowing people to choose their sexual orientation you are giving them the choice. By telling someone that they are disallowed from that right due to age is a form of discrimination. So really all "pro-homo-anti-paedo" supporters are discriminatory people fighting against equality. Also, as not all paedophiles engage in sexual intercourse with a minor it is unfair to make comments about them all. However, if one wr t take an "anti-homo-anti-paedo" view to the world, everything quickly falls into equilibrium allowing equality. Equality isnt always equal I am afraid, however sometimes it is clear to see that one thing allows more fairness than something else.

That is all i could think about writing.

Cheers, Lou

Feel free to contact me
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>