Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Enough

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lavenderbreeze View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote lavenderbreeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enough
    Posted: Mar 28 2008 at 5:56pm
Enough.  Isn't it time that we all realize that before we determine if we are gay or straight, before we decide to be democrat or republican, before we catagorize ourselves as male or female, we ALL fit into one mold, one catagory, we are all human beings.  As such, why have we lost respect and value of a human life?  If not taunted, would there be any reprocussions?  If not teased, would there be any reason to act out?  How sad that one individual thought it was his duty to end another's life.  How sad that one individual took away another's right to live.  We should all bow our heads and ask for forgiveness.  Enough.  No more hatred, no more violence, no more murder just because someone is different.  Hate is not a family value.  Hate is aged fear...from the unknown.  Expand your mind and you will find that we are all the same...deep inside.  We are all human.  Stop the violence.  Enough.
Pamela & Lisa
HallwayHeroes View Drop Down

Quote HallwayHeroes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2008 at 11:43pm
Pamela & Lisa,

You said it all. When I return to Oxnard in a few weeks, I would very much like to interview both of you for my book. Please let me know if you are interested.

Peace,

Jenn
Lawrence's courage to express himself should guide and inspire all of us to work hard everyday to provide a safer world for children like Lawrence to grow up in. This is what I am committed to. Peace.
lavenderbreeze View Drop Down

Quote lavenderbreeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2008 at 6:42am
We would in fact be interested in being interviewed.  We believe that the dialogue must continue until the fact that someone is gay/bi/trans is no longer a topic for debate, but rather a recognition that passes through a conversation with ease, much like a recognition that someone is single, jewish or democrat.   
Pamela & Lisa
HallwayHeroes View Drop Down

Quote HallwayHeroes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2008 at 8:37am
Pamela & Lisa,

Thank you so much for contacting me. I was in Oxnard/Ventura from March 18-25 conducting interviews for my book and met with people at the school, the Mayor of Oxnard, the Superintendent of Schools, etc. I will be returning the first week of May for another extended stay and more interviews and also to attend the arraignment.

I have attached a short bio of my background so that you may have some sense of who I am. Please let's stay in touch, share contact information and when I return we can get together. It's important that the world learn from this tragedy and the impact it's had on that community that we must not download adult ignorance, fear, prejudice and hatred onto our children.

Until we meet, please feel free to share any of your thoughts or any information you may learn regarding the status of the things in Oxnard/Ventura/Camarilo/Port Hueneme.

Peace,

Jenn Burleton
Portland, OR
oxnardproject@gmail.com
503-927-7052
Lawrence's courage to express himself should guide and inspire all of us to work hard everyday to provide a safer world for children like Lawrence to grow up in. This is what I am committed to. Peace.
 Post Reply Post Reply